How can I register and bid in an auction?
To register for any auction, simply click on the green Register to Bid button where the catalogue is listed, or directly on the catalogue.
On the registration page, you'll need to:
- Sign into your account.
- Verify your details.
- Choose/add your card.
- Choose your registration type.
- Check your update settings.
- Click Register to Bid.
Once you have successfully registered, the green Register to Bid button will then change to a 'Bid Now' button. Now you can leave Autobids before the sale.
The day of the auction, you will also see a Bid Live button, however this will show as Bid Now until this point.
What is Buyers' Premium?
Buyer's premium is the additional auctioneer's fee that is added for buying a lot at auction. It is calculated as a percentage of the hammer price. For any lot that you win, you will need to pay the the hammer price + the buyer's premium.
On our website, all buyer's premiums are displayed inclusive of VAT, where applicable.
- An auctioneer's buyer's premium is 15% including VAT.
- You win a lot in the auction for a hammer price of £100.
- The total that you will pay for the lot is £115 (excluding any additional charges such storage or shipping fees).
It is suggested that you have considered the buyer's premium when calculating your maximum bid prior to bidding.